It’s time for some Wednesday gumbo!
1. Just when you think you’ve seen every website you can imagine, here’s one, UniWatch, that’s devoted to the critique of sports uniforms. They describe themselves thusly:
Uni Watch is a media project that deconstructs the finer points of sports uniforms in obsessive and excruciating detail. It has nothing to do with fashion — it’s about documenting and maintaining the visual history of sports design, and about minutiae fetishism as its own reward.
2. When bears fly.
3. If you go to Bass Pro Shops, please be careful. It can be a dangerous place (graphic warning).
4. The MLB 2012 Draft will conclude today. A lot of young baseball players received a lot of money Monday night. Here’s what you get when you’re drafted in the 1st round. And, here’s a list of the players drafted. Notice, a lot of them just graduated high school.
5. As someone with a keen interest in Church history, especially Baptist history, here’s a great post regarding the historical soteriological stance of early Baptists titled “‘Traditional Baptists’ and Calvinism.”
6. And, finally, a little bit of heaven on earth. Griffin, my oldest son, is on Long Island, NY, this summer playing collegiate baseball in the Hamptons League. Their game yesterday was against the Shelter Island Bucks. The only way to get there is by ferry. Here’s a picture he took while crossing over.