Linguists Help Center
- What is greatcontent and how does it work?
- I have been accepted as a linguist. What happens next?
- As a linguist can I select available orders myself or are orders assigned?
- Who will evaluate my work and how will it be rated?
- How do I start working as a copywriter, proofreader, translator or post-editor?
- Which CAT tools does greatcontent use?
- What should i do, if i did not receive my Payment?
- What principles apply to me and greatcontent?
- Can I combine several roles when working for greatcontent?
- Do I need CAT tool experience as a translator or post-editor?
- I'm blocked by a certain client. What to do?
- "How to differentiate the copywriting orders from proofreading orders "
- Is L-App available in another languages?
- The title block is too small. What to do?
- Keyword is not shown entirely
- Can I add a block to the layout?
- Am I able to see a proofreading order even the text hasn’t been written yet?
- How can insert a link on L-App?
- I can't submit a text because of the layout issue
- I have forgotten my password. How can I reset it?
- Is it possible to change the default currency on my account?
- I have added both PayPal and IBAN as a payment method. In this case, is it possible to choose the payment method before the system generates a payment?
- Can I increase my quality level?
- Can I change my email notifications?
Orders - Writing and Editing(14)
- How do acceptances and deadlines work on weekends and public holidays?
- Which types of orders are available?
- How many orders can I take at one time?
- Why can't I see the text I have just submitted on my account anymore?
- How do I submit an order?
- What is "keyword density"?
- I am working on a text with a layout and I have an "unexpected position" error. What should I do?
- What happens if the system detects any plagiarism in the text I have submitted?
- What is the difference between absolute and relative keyword density?
- How to I add special characters to a text?
- Is there a maximum number of rejected orders?
- I cannot submit my order because keywords are not recognized.
- Different compensation for copywriting vs. proofreading jobs based on Wordcount, why?
Orders - Localisation(10)
- Is there any quality check integrated into the CAT tools used by greatcontent?
- What is post-editing?
- What is machine translation?
- What is the difference between light and full post-editing?
- What is a translation memory?
- What is a term base?
- How soon can I start working on translation projects?
- Do I choose orders myself or are tasks assigned?
- Why is my Memsource account blocked once I have delivered all my jobs?
- Why do I need an account on the greatcontent platform if I already have one in Memsource?
Feedback and revisions(9)
- How will the client evaluate my work?
- How will greatcontent evaluate my work?
- When will the texts I have submitted be accepted and reviewed?
- How do I stay up-to-date with any revisions I need to make?
- What if my text is rejected by the client?
- What if I need to cancel an order?
- How do cancelled orders affect my performance history?
- I've received a bad evaluation. What should I do now?
- Can I remove the cancellations showing up on my profile?
Billing, Accounting and Payment(9)
- What is the payment procedure at greatcontent?
- What are the payment methods that greatcontent uses?
- When will I get the money?
- Is my income subject to taxation?
- Do I have to have my own company to work for greatcontent?
- I changed my bank account/PayPal details after an invoice was created. What should I do now?
- Why do I receive an invoice with 16% VAT if I'm based in Germany?
- How to verify my PayPal account?
- Work as a Kleinunternehmer
How do acceptances and deadlines work on weekends and public holidays?
Friday, June 19, 2020 3:20 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays are not classified as working days, meaning that deadline countdowns do not apply on these days.
- As bank holidays vary from country to country, we cannot ensure that they are all counted as public holidays, which is why bank holidays are counted as regular working days.