Some o’dis, and some o’dat, cher!
1. A quote by John Stott: “Before we can see the cross as something done for us, we have to see it as something done by us.” The Cross of Christ, p. 60
2. This is a really smart, sneaky double play executed by the Phillie’s left-hander, Cliff Lee.
4. Ever wondered what the average height of MLB players is? Maybe not, but Craig Robinson has created a nice little graphic that shows that the average active MLB player is just a smidge under 6’2. If you’re under 6′, don’t lose hope…Dustin Pedroia is listed as a generous 5’8.
5. Darren Carlson shares some pointed ideas about short-term mission trips in his blog article, “Why You Should Consider Cancelling Your Short-Term Mission Trips”. In the article, he states,
While I believe there is a thoughtful way to be involved in some sort of cross-cultural, short-term ministry, wise partnership and wise use of money (stewardship!) would seem to dictate we cancel many—most?—of our trips.
6. Miguel Cabrera hits an inside-the-park home run…sorta. Watch the video. I’m still wondering why the catcher is chasing down the ball that was thrown down the right field line. Where’s the second baseman? Where’s the right-fielder?
7. Fred Luter, Jr., African-American pastor of Franklin Ave. Baptist Church in New Orleans, LA, has been elected president of the Southern Baptist Convention. He is the first African-American to hold that position in the history of the convention.
8. The old saying, “You can educate ignorance, but you can’t fix stupidity” applies here. Florida State’s freshman DH John Holland and his brother were arrested on shoplifting charges outside TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, NE, at the College World Series.
9. The greatest names of the 2012 MLB draft. My favorite? It’s a toss-up between Stryker Trahan and John Bushyhead.