Some o’dis and some o’dat, cher!
1. According to this article, the government is becoming increasingly secularized and hostile to religion and religious practice.
2. Did you know that Christians in Egypt, also known as Coptic Christians, are part of the church believed to have been established by the apostle Mark? With the election of a Muslim president, Christians there are anxious. But, just who are the Copts? And, fear is prevalent.
3. George Whitefield, the preacher who helped spark the Great Awakening, was a celebrity in his time. Here are some remarkable facts about this great preacher.
4. This ain’t good! Almost half the doctors in the U.S. are suffering from burnout.
5. Want to keep up with Mr. Johnson, or Chomper, or Elvis? This new app is the “foursquare” for shark research off the West Coast. Now, it’s ‘Shark Week’ all year!
6. And, finally, The Unabridged (But Sadly Unillustrated) History of Political Skinny-Dipping. Kansas Representative Kevin Yoder is not the first politician to make a splash. Jimmy Carter…really?