What better way to start back than some gumbo, Wednesday-style. This Wednesday’s edition is dedicated to all things Christmas…or, at least Christmas performances.
Some o’dis, and some o’dat, cher!
1. Here’s a pretty impressive rendition of “Carol of the Bells” in the University of Mobile’s Christmas Spectacular.
2. Here is a performance of Christmas songs by the iBand at North Point Church. Instead of traditional instruments, they use the full line of Apple products. Pretty amazing.
3. Nothing says Christmas like Handel’s Messiah. Here’s the “Hallelujah Chorus” sung…in a food court. At a mall. By a flash mob.
4. This group – Straight No Chaser – from Indiana University performs “12 Days of Christmas” with some unusual twists.
5. And, finally, Christmas music in its purest, most beautiful form – a cathedral, pipe organ, and a boy’s choir – singing the Sussex Carol.